Failover how much complexity will it add?

adel at baklawasecrets.com adel at baklawasecrets.com
Sun Nov 8 17:34:08 UTC 2009

Thanks for all your comments guys.  With regards to bgp I did
think about placing two bgp routers in front of the ssg's.  However
my limited understanding makes me think that if I had two bgp
connections from different providers I would still have issues.  So
I guess that if my primary Internet goes down I lose connectivity
to all the publicly addressed devices on that connection. Like
dmz hosts and so on.  I would be interested to hear how this
can be avoided if at all or do I have to use the same provider.

I should add that we currently have provisioned two ssg in ha
mode.  Also is terminating bgp on the ssg also an option? I really
like the flexibility of route based VPN with addresable tun interfaces.

Thanks

adel
On Sun   3:47 PM , "Joe Maimon" jmaimon at ttec.com sent: