Human Factors and Accident reduction/mitigation

Owen DeLong owen at
Thu Nov 5 19:08:29 CST 2009

On Nov 5, 2009, at 4:30 PM, Michael Peddemors wrote:

> On November 5, 2009, Robert Boyle wrote:
>> It's
>> because someone circumvented the rules,
>> processes, and cross checks put in place to
>> prevent the problem in the first place. Nothing
>> can be made idiot proof because idiots are so creative.
>> -Robert
>> SEL/MEL Private Instrument
> No, no commercial pilot every flew overweight, or in weather below
> minimums,
> or more that the max hours in a month.. never happens ;)  And there
> was never
> a boss that 'pushed' them into it, for the sake of expediency or
> financial
> gain, and the phrase.. 'Big Sky, Little Plane' was nevered uttered..
> logbooks
> never fudged and rules are always followed..
> C(om)255379
Of course, all of those things have happened.  However, if we started
networking errors more like the way we treat aviation errors, the
of networking would improve dramatically.  OTOH, if we did that, the
of networking would also probably gain a zero.

Commercial ASEL
Instrument Airplane