glue record

bmanning at bmanning at
Fri May 29 07:32:46 CDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 02:48:33PM +0700, Anton Zimm wrote:
> I get this: MOBI servers are not authoritative for zone,
> is authoritative for it.
> But since is inside zone, this create circular
> reference. Afaik to solve this circular dependency, there has to be a
> Glue record for somewhere in root nameservers or mobi
> nameservers.
> I can not find the Glue Record. Where is the Glue Record?
> Anton.

	what you are looking for no longer exists.
	there is no "glue" record per se. As Florian pointed out,
	a couple of implementations do what you expect, but BIND 4.x
	varients, esp at the TLD level, are scarce.

	As has been explained to you several times, modern thinking
	has settled on one (not particularly obvious) way to deal w/
	the circular dependence problem.  It really is better to only
	have to think about this problem space in one way.