Packet loss statistics

Chris Robb chrobb at internet2.edu
Thu May 28 16:17:46 UTC 2009

The Internet2 network publishes 10-second data for all interfaces on
both its backbone network and the individual racklans in each of its
cities:

Backbone:
http://dc-snmp.grnoc.iu.edu/i2net/

Racklans:
http://dc-snmp.grnoc.iu.edu/i2net-hp/

Default graphs don't show errors. You need to create a custom graph
and click the appropriate checkbox. If you want to view a large number
of interfaces with their errors on a single page, you can create a
Custom View that includes errors for any number of selected interfaces.

-Chris

On May 28, 2009, at 12:03 PM, Ric Messier wrote:

> Is anyone aware of useful resources for packet loss over large LANs
> and WANs? Google turned up a nice statistics page for Qwest's
> network but not much else that seems useful to me.
>
> Our testing teams are trying to simulate expected network conditions
> and rather than go overboard, having something close to real-world
> parameters would be nice.
>
> Thanks!
> Ric

Chris Robb, Internet2 Manager of Operations
O: 812.855.8604  C: 812.345.3188