Why choose 120 volts?

Leen Besselink leen at consolejunkie.net
Thu May 28 08:04:57 UTC 2009

> It's worth noting that despite higher voltages here there aren't more
> deaths or injuries - but maybe it's because people take it more
> seriously.  Admittedly no one I know is nuts enough to use body parts
> for "liveness testing".

(sorry for being kinda late in this discussion)

I've never felt the urge to do so either, maybe I'm just a wimp. ;-)

But here is a something I've heared from people who do/have or know people who
do have. And usually they are people with a degree in the field of electronics:

use the back of the hand

don't grap wires, when current passes through your body, muscles contract and
you don't want to hold on to it when those muscles make a fist or more that arm
towards your body. You just want to touch it lightly.

Just to make things clear, I am NOT going to suggest you should do so,
just telling you what I think I heared.