AH or ESP

Merike Kaeo kaeo at merike.com
Wed May 27 00:23:52 UTC 2009

I agree as well that ESP-Null the way to go for integrity.  From
operational perspective if you are supporting both v4 and v6 (and you
will) then having different protocols will be a nightmare.  Common
denominator is ESP-Null.

Realistically for IPsec, unless you have the scalable credential
issue resolved and easier configs from vendors, the operational time
sync will have many looking elsewhere to accomplish what's needed in
the name of security. (total bummer IMHO).

- merike