Why choose 120 volts?

Barney Wolff barney at databus.com
Tue May 26 21:56:20 UTC 2009

Yes - think of all the nasty partial failure cases that can be eliminated -
each entire datacenter is either up or down.  Much simpler!

Getting back to reality, I've watched more than one electrician do a
two-finger liveness test on a 120v circuit, and done it myself.  240v
HURTS, and I've not seen a pro finger it deliberately.  But I haven't
actually asked.

--
Barney Wolff         I never met a computer I didn't like.