Why choose 120 volts?

Gregory Hicks ghicks at hicks-net.net
Tue May 26 20:54:22 UTC 2009

> Subject: RE: Why choose 120 volts?
> Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 15:23:46 -0500
> From: "Kurt Anderson" <kurt at honeycomb.net>
> To: <nanog at nanog.org>
>
> Why stop there? Grab a 20,000 volt feeder and create a Tesla
> datacenter.  Think of all the copper you will save...

Boy!  This thread went south in a hurry!  I about died laughing.

Gregory Hicks                           | Principal Systems Engineer
                                        | Direct:   408.569.7928

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
stand ready to do violence on their behalf -- George Orwell

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.  -- Thomas Jefferson