MX Record Theories

Alex H. Ryu r.hyunseog at ieee.org
Tue May 26 18:42:39 UTC 2009

I don't think there is no real answer for your question.
It depends on each company's business objective, the cost, network
topology, and their policy.
MX record is the the mechanism for mail delivery procotol.
It doesn't dictate how to implement.
Depending on mail volume, and network policy, you can implement actual
mail servers within DNS/SMTP protocol.

There are multiple ways to get things done.
Depending on budget, business objective, network resource/policy,
you can choose the way that fits to your need.

It is same as Microsoft Windows operating system.
Microsoft release the Windows, but it doesn't say you have to run it as
cluster or not.
Depending on your need, and your own analysis/decision, you can run
whatever you like.

Alex