IXP BGP timers (was: Multi-homed clients and BGP timers)

John.Herbert at ins.com John.Herbert at ins.com
Mon May 25 19:42:12 UTC 2009

For those in multivendor environments, it's worth also being aware that since 7.6R1 JunOS sets the minimum BGP hold timer to 20 seconds. If I were creating a standard timer config to deploy consistently on customer peers (and needed something on the fast side in timer terms) I would need to take that into account.

(And yes, there is of course a way to override the 20s hold timer, but it's not a supported config last time I checked)

j.