Managing your network devices via console

Jake Vargas jvargas at crypticstudios.com
Fri May 15 08:25:17 UTC 2009

> I stumbled across these, which look like decent alternatives to getting
> a 2511 from eBay: http://www.perle.com/products/Terminal-Server.shtml
>
> The 48-port 1U terminal server with redundant power looks particularily
> nice.
>
> I've no experience with Perle, though.  Anyone else?

I use them in my datacenter. SCS 32 with the IOLAN Modem card. I have some basic advice for using it as a dialup source. It also does IPSec via our DSL line which also happens to be our POTs line. All kinds of nice stuff but a bit of a pain to initially configure if you do not know what you are doing (slight learning curve). I'm happy with it.