you're not interesting, was Re: another brick in the wall[ed garden]

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri May 15 00:37:41 UTC 2009

In message <70D072392E56884193E3D2DE09C097A91F3EBE at pascal.zaphodb.org>, "Tomas
L. Byrnes" writes:
> Disclaimer: I have a dog in this fight, since ThreatSTOP is dependent on
> DNS/TCP.

	There is still no sane reason to block TCP.  If they are
	intercepting DNS/UDP then they need to also intercept DNS/TCP
	as they will break all sites that cause "tc=1" to be set
	in the DNS/UDP reply.

> Maybe someone with clue at Sprint can be persuaded that doing their own
> "OpenDNS" for UDP is probably a good thing for most uses, but doing it
> for TCP is a bad thing for those users who need TCP.

	You can also add to the list of queries that you need to
	provide a clean path for any with DO=1, CD=1 or AD=1.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org