you're not interesting, was Re: another brick in the wall[ed garden]

Tomas L. Byrnes tomb at byrneit.net
Fri May 15 00:24:26 UTC 2009

Disclaimer: I have a dog in this fight, since ThreatSTOP is dependent on
DNS/TCP.

[TLB:] I can think of an argument they might make: that it is/could be
used by bots as a fallback. However, redirecting DNS/UDP fits the model
of "providing a better service for the average user";
blocking/redirecting TCP is more likely to break things a savvy user
needs.

Maybe someone with clue at Sprint can be persuaded that doing their own
"OpenDNS" for UDP is probably a good thing for most uses, but doing it
for TCP is a bad thing for those users who need TCP.