Two interfaces one subnet (summary)

Ivan Pepelnjak ip at ioshints.info
Thu May 14 17:29:25 UTC 2009

> > Anyone else want to unconfused Ben?  I obviously cannot.

The numerous misconceptions propagated in this thread prompted me to go
through the relevant sections of RFC 1122 and write a short article on
multihomed IP host issues.

http://wiki.nil.com/Multihomed_IP_hosts

Your contributions, either as an e-mail reply or direct wiki edit are most
welcome. After the kinks have been ironed out, I'll add figures illustrating
the points in the text.
** I would prefer wiki edits although I have to admit the registration is a
bit of a pain and the anonymous edits are not allowed.

Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to contribute :)
Ivan

http://www.ioshints.info/about
http://blog.ioshints.info/