two interfaces one subnet

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Mon May 11 21:51:58 UTC 2009

On May 11, 2009, at 4:45 PM, Chris Meidinger wrote:
> On 11.05.2009, at 22:34, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
>
>> On May 11, 2009, at 4:29 PM, Chris Meidinger wrote:
>>
>>> I would be grateful for a pointer to such an RFC statement,
>>> assuming it exists.
>>
>> Why would an RFC prohibit this?
>>
>> Most _implementations_ do, but as far as network "rules" in general
>> it is a valid configuration.
>
> That was essentially my conclusion as well: logically it can't work,
> but I wasn't certain where it might be forbidden.

How did you read what I wrote and say what you said?  I've read it
several times and I can't get from point A to point B.  Did you do a
major typo or something?

I said it is valid.  After saying you came to the same conclusion, you
then said "logically it can't work".  Your statement not only
contradicts what I said, but contradicts the fact is has and does work.

Let me be clear: IT IS NOT FORBIDDEN.  IT WORKS FINE.

--
TTFN,
patrick