PPP multilink help

Andrey Gordon andrey.gordon at gmail.com
Mon May 11 14:37:25 UTC 2009

Hey folks, I'm sure to you it's peanuts, but I'm a bit puzzled (most likely
because of the lack of knowledge, I bet).

I'm buying an IP backbone from VNZ (presumably MPLS). I get a MLPPP hand off
on all sites, so I don't do the actual labeling and switching, so I guess
for practical purposes what I'm trying to say is that I have no physical
control over the other side of my MLPPP links.

When I transfer a large file over FTP (or CIFS, or anything else), I'd
expect it to max out either one or both T1, but instead utilization on the
T1s is hoovering at 70% on both and sometimes MLPPP link utilization even
drops below 50%. What am I'm not gettting here?

Tx,
Andrey

Below is a snip of my config.

controller T1 0/0/0
 cablelength long 0db
 channel-group 1 timeslots 1-24
!
controller T1 0/0/1
 cablelength long 0db
 channel-group 1 timeslots 1-24
!
ip nbar custom rdesktop tcp 3389
ip cef
!
class-map match-any VoIP
 match  dscp ef
class-map match-any interactive
 match protocol rdesktop
 match protocol telnet
 match protocol ssh
!
policy-map QWAS
 class VoIP
    priority 100
 class interactive
    bandwidth 500
 class class-default
    fair-queue 4096
!
interface Multilink1
 description Verizon Business MPLS Circuit
 ip address x.x.x.150 255.255.255.252
 ip flow ingress
 ip nat inside
 ip virtual-reassembly