Network performance monitoring tools

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Fri May 8 07:57:14 UTC 2009

Jitter (e.g. variability in one way or rtt) smokeping is rather good at
measuring...

The question is do you want to instrument the phenomena through active
measurement as smokeping is doing or do you have some application (e.g.
streaming media as an example) that you'd like to instrument because the
later may be more descriptive of the overall service experience with
that application...