No subject

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Thu May 7 20:21:26 UTC 2009

Cc
Bcc:
Subject: Re: UCEProtect Level 3

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 04:10:41PM -0400, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> It is.  I understand what they are trying to do but we were cut off
> from some places because someone else in the huge upstream we are with
> did something that appeared to be spam.  It's too broad of a brush.

(a) This discussion should probably be happening someplace other
than NANOG (spam-l or mailop, perhaps?), and

(b) If you feel that UCEProtect L3 paints with too broad a brush,
then you're certainly free not to use it.  I happen to agree with you
on this particular level of this particular DNSBL for my particular
applications, so I don't use it either.  However: I'm aware of other
folks who are using it quite effectively as *part* of a scoring system.

---Rsk