Testing LFNs (Wrapup)

Kaegler, Mike KaeglerM at tessco.com
Wed May 6 17:20:49 UTC 2009

Thanks to everyone who responded on and off-list!
It seems evident that I didn't have a complete understanding of the iperf
switches which alter buffer sizes.

Several people made a few neat points, which I'll quickly summarize:

* In iperf, -P will allow one to run multiple tcp tests at once.
* IOS has a built-in tester... ttcp. http://tinyurl.com/6fp75j
* For suggestions on changing the kernel buffer sizes:
*  . http://www.29west.com/docs/THPM/ (section 8)
*  . http://fasterdata.es.net/
* Linux.com has a related writeup: http://www.linux.com/feature/144532

Finally, "past performance does not indicate future results" applies here.
44mbit will not necessarily go clean just because 6 did.

Thanks for the tips,
-mKaegler

--
Michael Kaegler, TESSCO Technologies: Engineering, 410 229 1295
Your wireless success, nothing less. http://www.tessco.com/