Testing LFNs

David Andersen dga at cs.cmu.edu
Wed May 6 15:17:09 UTC 2009

set your system send and receive TCP buffers larger.  You're probably
being limited by that.  With linux, make sure you have window auto-
scaling enabled and have increased the maximum size it can grow to to
at least 4MB.

Or test with UDP and blast as fast as you can so that you're not
seeing TCP weirdness.

IOS includes a 'ttcp' command you can use on the router itself:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094694.shtml

   -Dave