Testing LFNs

Kaegler, Mike KaeglerM at tessco.com
Wed May 6 15:10:45 UTC 2009

I have a new T3 thats 65msec long. I'd usually be using iperf to test new
links, but at 65msec, even at the maximum window size, I can only get
6-8mbit through. No combination of options I've been able to find has gotten
me more than 6mbit through this link. Should I just shotgun 9 copies of it?

Are there better ways to test these links? Can one verify this link with
just a pair of 7200s and linux machines on either side? Or is this something
one really needs "real" test hardware for? If 6mbit go through clean, is
there a real chance 44 will not?

TIA,
-mKaegler

--
Michael Kaegler, TESSCO Technologies: Engineering, 410 229 1295
Your wireless success, nothing less. http://www.tessco.com/