Minnesota to block online gambling sites?

Martin Hannigan martin at theicelandguy.com
Tue May 5 18:18:42 UTC 2009

>From a strictly operational perspective:

The only concern that I had with that request was with the v4 address
blocking. That ought to be rethought in the grand scheme of things i.e. v4
exhaustion.  There's a reasonable case to make regarding not tainting hosts
or specific blocks in this manner. Creating "less usable" v4 resources as we
approach exhaustion is not helpful, IMHO.

Best Regards,

Martin

Martin Hannigan                               martin at theicelandguy.com
p: +16178216079
Power, Network, and Costs Consulting for Iceland Datacenters and Occupants