Minnesota to block online gambling sites?

Tim Peiffer peiffer at umn.edu
Mon May 4 16:03:54 UTC 2009

Not withstanding the legality of such an order, how would one
operationally enforce that order?  Does this order force carriers into
transparent proxy so that L7 filtering can be done?  Is the carrier also
required to go through geolocator matching any given IP address with
'Minnesota' so that the filtering can be selectively applied?

Tim Peiffer
Network Support Engineer
OIT / Networking and Telecommunications Services
University of Minnesota / NorthernLights GigaPOP

--
Tim Peiffer
Network Support Engineer