Where to buy Internet IP addresses

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Mon May 4 13:57:53 UTC 2009

On May 4, 2009, at 10:08, Nathan Ward wrote:

> Forwarding these requests up to the ISP's router and having several
> PDs per end customer is in my opinion the best way to go.

If the ISP sees (and has to hand out) the PD, some bean counter will
put a price tag on it ("differential pricing").
If there is a price tag on it, nobody will pay the higher price, and
everybody will put in a kludge to get by with one /64.
Think about it: That's exactly the reason why we got mired in the
InterNAT.

Really, /56 for everyone is the only way back to an Internet.

Gruesse, Carsten