Where to buy Internet IP addresses

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Fri May 1 18:58:41 UTC 2009

LEdouard Louis wrote:
> Optimum Online business only offer 5 static IP address.
>
> Where can I buy a block of Internet IP address for Business? How much
> does it cost?

Only five?  Really?  Our basic residential users get 18 quintillion
addresses, and business users get 65536 times that many.  Tell them you
need a few more.  :-)

Seriously, we do indeed provide that many addresses, but that's on a new
protocol being implemented to avoid the exact problem you're having.

Talk to your sales guy and see if they will assign a "/28" to you, which
would give you 13 usable addresses for your hosts.  If not, and you have
a valid need for more space, switch ISPs.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net