[NANOG-announce] NANOG46 - abstracts, trains & hotels - oh my!

Ren Provo ren.provo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:08:41 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

NANOG46 is only a few months away and I hear many are getting their ducks in
a row to participate.

We, the Program Committee, would like to remind all who have submitted
abstracts at http://pc.nanog.org that the time has come to get your
presentation materials uploaded.  For those of you still considering
submitting presentations it is not too late to request a BOF, tutorial,
track, or general session slot.  Lightning talk submissions will be welcomed
in May.

Shifting gears to represent the host, Comcast, I would encourage folks to
consider exploring Philly either before or after NANOG46, which runs 14-17
June.  http://nanog46.comcast.net includes links for sightseeing,
socializing and general transportation guidance.  This is a work in
progress, yes it will be IPv6 ready shortly, and if folks have
recommendations for inclusion please do email me directly.

Amtrak is running a special until July (must purchase by 12-Jun-09) which
can significantly reduce costs, a bonus in this economy.  Go to
http://www.amtrak.com and click on 'Hot Deals' for the lower fares on Acela
Express.  Washington, DC to Philly is only $73 and you get to keep your
shoes on!

Philly is a walking city and there is no need to rent a car.  Whether you
arrive by Amtrak or airplane consider using the SEPTA Rail trains to take
you to the conference hotel.  Market East would be the right stop to exit,
also known as Convention Center.  Follow the signs for the Hard Rock Cafe
and you'll spot the Loews Hotel across the street.  Of course if you really
want to explore Philly above ground take the Segway tour -
http://reservations.gophila.com/nexres/activities/detail.cgi?src=10018788&ses=1829b368884e04999bcd78b4bc0455e9&airport_code=PHL&city=Phl&actType=tours&supplier_id=22653

Hotel reservations for the Loews can be made at
http://www.phlgroupbooking.com/NANOG/  The NANOG Group Rate is $199 (plus
15.2% tax) which includes guest room Internet access.
Group rate expires: May 29, 2009

Registration is open and we look forward to a fun NANOG in Philly!

Cheers, -Ren Provo