First steps towards v6 support by ATT?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 01:13:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Charles Wyble <charles at thewybles.com> wrote:

> Christopher Morrow wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Charles Wyble <charles at thewybles.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> While researching at&t and ipv6 I came across
>>> http://www.feise.com/~jfeise/blogs/index.php?blog=8 and also
>>
>> doesn't that blog basically say: "it's broke Jim..." and that 7018
>> (really 7132) passes off the anycast into HE.net?
>

> Yes. It does say it's broken. However it's entirely possible that AT&T hands
> out different routes to their l33t enterprise/govt customers with t1 or
> better who pay real money, vs end users.

yea... maybe they do, I don't see that from my view of 7018's routing
data (limited as it may be)

>>> http://www.corp.att.com/gov/solution/network_services/data_nw/ipv6/
>>>
>>> Looks like they have established a tunnel in the United States perhaps?
>>>

>> how did you gather that? Maybe Tom knows more about this and can let
>> us all know?

> Remote Access Service to IPv6 Internet
>
>    * Support IPv6 for small (or satellite) locations and individual remote
> users
>    * Reach a dynamically configurable IPv6 Tunnel Gateway through IPv4 ISPs
> through fractional T1, DSL or dial-up access
>    * The Tunnel Setup Protocol (TSP) will be used to create tunnels to
> transport IPv6 traffic over an IPv4 network to the gateway

wow, 'tsp'... uhm, what's that I wonder? This:
http://www.broker.ipv6.ac.uk/download.html

perhaps?? yeek!

> Granted that doesn't necessarily mean it's in the United States, but I'm
> guessing it would be due to being an offering targeted at the United States
> Government. :)

Sure... I'd love to know though :)

> Hence my request for more comments/information.

agreed

> Maybe off topic for NANOG but then what does that even mean anymore? :)

I'm fairly sure that operating a network (even a v6 network) is
on-topic for nanog.