First steps towards v6 support by ATT?

Charles Wyble charles at thewybles.com
Fri Mar 27 00:59:14 UTC 2009

Christopher Morrow wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Charles Wyble <charles at thewybles.com> wrote:
>> While researching at&t and ipv6 I came across
>> http://www.feise.com/~jfeise/blogs/index.php?blog=8 and also
>
> doesn't that blog basically say: "it's broke Jim..." and that 7018
> (really 7132) passes off the anycast into HE.net?

Yes. It does say it's broken. However it's entirely possible that AT&T
hands out different routes to their l33t enterprise/govt customers with
t1 or better who pay real money, vs end users.

>> http://www.corp.att.com/gov/solution/network_services/data_nw/ipv6/
>>
>> Looks like they have established a tunnel in the United States perhaps?
>>

> how did you gather that? Maybe Tom knows more about this and can let
> us all know?

Remote Access Service to IPv6 Internet

     * Support IPv6 for small (or satellite) locations and individual
remote users
     * Reach a dynamically configurable IPv6 Tunnel Gateway through IPv4
ISPs through fractional T1, DSL or dial-up access
     * The Tunnel Setup Protocol (TSP) will be used to create tunnels to
transport IPv6 traffic over an IPv4 network to the gateway

Granted that doesn't necessarily mean it's in the United States, but I'm
guessing it would be due to being an offering targeted at the United
States Government. :)

Hence my request for more comments/information.

Maybe off topic for NANOG but then what does that even mean anymore? :)