Remote hands site or list?

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Thu Mar 26 00:56:35 UTC 2009

On Mar 25, 2009, at 7:07 PM, Christopher Morrow wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:58 PM, virendra rode <virendra.rode at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>>
>> Owen Roth wrote:
>>> Hello nanog mailing list,
>>>
>>> I was curious how one would go about looking for certain types of
>>> remote
>>> hands by geography (ie coaxial runs in Phoenix, AZ). Is there
>>> another
>>> mailing list or a web site that recommends itself?
>>>
>> - ------------------------
>> http://nanog.cluepon.net/index.php/Hands
>>

> wkumari also had a list started I believe as well... sadly I can't
> find his link now :( Warren where did you hide it?

I created this list so that people in the community could provide
remote hand for each other and just to try and recapture some of the
community spirt, but, well, got sidetracked.

This is the first public list that I am running, feel free to provide
feedback...

On an unrelated note -- I recently ended with a bunch of those
expensive Juniper DS3 cables (BNC to SMZ -- CBL-SMZ-BNC-M-S) -- long
story, summary is that someone didn't pay their storage fee and I
snagged them before they got tossed.

Does anyone have a need for them?
They will be distributed in the following order:
1: People that I know (and that haven't called me stupid recently).
2: People in the Reston, VA area (who will pick them up so I don't
have to ship them).
3: People who do "good things for the Internet" (<- as decided by me).
4: Everyone else.

Please only ask for them if you actually want / need them -- if you
are just going to dump them, I can do that myself.
Free to a good home, limit one per person.

P.S:  Yes, i had though of giving them away on juniper-nsp, but, well,
didn't want to...