Netflow on SUP720-3BXL

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sun Mar 15 14:00:43 UTC 2009

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, Andy Bierlair wrote:

> Im trying to run netflow on one of our Cisco core routers (SUP720-3BXL),
> but I think I am hitting some limitations because of this:
>
> %EARL_NETFLOW-SP-4-TCAM_THRLD: Netflow TCAM threshold exceeded, TCAM
> Utilization [99%]
>
> TCAM Utilization             :   100%
>
> Aggregated traffic: 7-8 GBIT/s
>
> Packets per Second: 1.0 - 1.2 Million

AFAIK, at that traffic level, you will have to do sampled netflow.  Try
mls sampling time-based 64 [in global]
mls netflow sampling [in interface]

and see if that stops your TCAM utilization issues.  You may have to
sample even less flow data.

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |