Anyone using any Linux SSL proxies?

Charles Wyble charles at thewybles.com
Sun Mar 15 05:20:22 UTC 2009

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 21:56:26 PDT, Mike Lyon said:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I am wondering what folks are recommending/using these days for Linux SSL
>> proxies? I need to build a linux box that basically acts as an SSL offloader
>> would (like a BigIP / Cisco ACE / Netscaler would do). Listen on port 443,
>> decrypt the SSL and then forward the request onto the webserver on port 80.
>
> How much traffic?  That would be a major consideration....

Check out http://www.apsis.ch/pound/

It would appear the magic search term on google is linux reverse ssl
proxy .... I started searching for linux ssl proxy. That turned up a lot
of stuff for wrapping plain text in encryption, not the other way
around. :)

And yes how much traffic is a major consideration. If a lot, then you
would want to utilize an accelerator card supported by openssl.