Dynamic IP log retention = 0?

Bill Stewart nonobvious at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 05:14:51 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 2:15 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
>  After all, you didn't *really* care that the IP was assigned to
> a computer belonging to Herman Munster, 1313 Mockingbird Lane.  What you
> actually *wanted* was for somebody (preferably Covad) to hand Herman a clue.

Yeah.  I miss the days that you could fix Covad problems by calling Brent,
or by sending the attacker a Ping of Death :-)

In practice, of course, the chances are extremely high that
the attacker is a zombie pc whose owner is not aware
that it's infected, and they really need their ISP to
quarantine them somewhere until they can get it fixed.

--
----
             Thanks;     Bill

Note that this isn't my regular email account - It's still experimental so far.
And Google probably logs and indexes everything you send it.