Dynamic IP log retention = 0?

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Wed Mar 11 14:28:33 UTC 2009

On 11-Mar-2009, at 10:03, Jon Lewis wrote:

> but what's the point in getting lawyers involved?

It might convince some pointy-haired person at covad to review the
policies and procedures on the abuse desk, maybe.

> Whatever access isn't supposed to be open should be filtered.

If you can demonstrate reasonable costs resulting from the behaviour
of others, perhaps that's not relevant. Note that in the grand NANOG
tradition I say these things without the faintest glimmer of knowledge
of the law.

Joe