"web problems" "ssl issues"

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 19:32:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 2:20 PM,  <nanog at namor.ca> wrote:
> I hadn't thought about this until now, when I had to use our SPKI account
> with Thawte.  It's painfully slow processing anything.
>
> I doesn't seem that anything's amiss with latency or network otherwise, but
> we're noticing this impact.
>
> I'm also just West of you, so I'm curious if it's slightly geographic in
> nature, as nobody else has noted similar that I've seen here.

doubtful it's GEO related from both ATL and SAC and IAD I get the same
dns mappings:
;; ANSWER SECTION:
siteseal.thawte.com.    900     IN      A       65.205.248.247
siteseal.thawte.com.    900     IN      A       65.205.248.251
siteseal.thawte.com.    900     IN      A       65.205.248.236
siteseal.thawte.com.    900     IN      A       65.205.248.240
siteseal.thawte.com.    900     IN      A       65.205.248.242
siteseal.thawte.com.    900     IN      A       65.205.248.246

I don't, however, get any reasonable response on port 443 to these
ips... (they all seem to be in SJC-area fyi)

Perhaps Thawte/VS is experiencing some LB or load issues?

-Chris