SNMP and syslog forwarders

Martin Mersberger gremlin at portal-to-web.de
Thu Mar 5 06:09:43 UTC 2009

Hi Sam,

For SNMP Traps, we were using 'Concord TrapExploder'. I'm not sure, if
this is still named that way - it's now more than 1.5 years ago, I'd
been involved in that project.
As we had configured all network elements to send the Traps to both
TrapExploders, we had to de-duplicate the traps on the EventManagement
piece of our NMS platform. But that's been an easy one...

For Syslog, we had used syslog-ng and it was just running like a charm..

.. just my 2ct's

regards
 	Martin