Flow Chart

Gregoire Villain nanog at grrrrreg.net
Sun Jun 28 13:48:10 UTC 2009

On Jun 25, 2009, at 10:19 PM, Alexandre Augusto Caramanti Coconesi
wrote:

> Hello
>
> This is my first post in this list.
>
> I have the follow situation:
>
> I have a multilateral peering, and I´m need to plot a graph showing
> how many traffic is going to or comming from each member of peering.
>

> For example:
>
> I have the AS61222, and in the peering there is the AS61333. This AS
> have other peerings, And my AS (AS61222) use the AS61333 as transit.
> And because it is a peering, by just one interface of my router, I
> can see just the whole traffic, to AS61333, and another members of
> peering. I was seeing some thing in JKFlow, but I did not found any
> thing.
>
> Do you have any experience in a case like this?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Alexandre Coconesi

I've used PMACCT in the past, with PNRG as a frontend, did the trick
perfectly - used it to list/rank the ASes which I was sending traffic
too.
pNRG on top of that will do the graphing.
I think PMACCT works with both SFlow and NetFlow. Watch out for the
sampling rate when activating it on your kits tho, bad surprises ahead
and a world of pain if you use too aggressive values at start.

If you're SFlow exclusive and want a commercial solution, try InMon,
it is supposed to be pretty good.

Greg VILLAIN