Recommendations on Centralized Modem Server/Resource

Claudia de Luna cldeluna at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 23:19:47 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm involved in a state-wide InBand/OOB management terminal server deployment for network infrastructure equipment and am looking for recommendations on centralized modem servers for the network team at a central location.  Ideally the network team would use this centralized service to access the new terminal servers deployed across the state from their desktops via ssh vs. provisioning POTS lines and modems at all the engineers desk? We will leverage laptops and available modem lines as well but I'm looking for a permanent, always available solution that does not involve booting up your laptop, etc...

Any recommendations on what you've seen work well, product recommendations (or warnings), or overall solutions would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Claudia