Tor abuse FAQs

Steve Pirk orion at pirk.com
Thu Jun 25 17:02:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> A friend sent me these links:
>
>       https://www.torproject.org/faq.html.en#ExitPolicies
>       https://www.torproject.org/faq-abuse.html.en
>       https://www.torproject.org/eff/tor-legal-faq.html.en
>       https://www.torproject.org/torusers.html.en
>
> Btw -- several folks have raised the issue of Iran.  Here's a blog
> posting that may be of interest:
>
>       https://blog.torproject.org/blog/measuring-tor-and-iran

An official site on what the "group" is doing is at:

http://nedanet.org/

On a related note, I posted a question about ipv6 a while back and the
ticket I also opened is gertting bounced around with no one saying
"yes, this is my space".

My ipv6 skills are seriously lacking... Can anyone shed light on how
to find out "where" a certain IP is coming from? This device on a
_very_ large pipe is becoming quite a pain.

[egrep at pixel notes]$ host gateway01.sikt.ir
Using domain server:
Name: 67.19.72.206
Address: 67.19.72.206#53
Aliases:

gateway01.sikt.ir has IPv6 address 2001:470:f15d:fe1d:33f:ad43:1:fa4

--
-steve

--
steve