tor

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 03:50:11 UTC 2009

Running what's effectively an anonymous open proxy is not a bright
idea, even if there's security bundled on..

John Gilmore found that out after Verio disconnected his perpetual
open relay for example ..  and TOR is just as nutty a concept.

Nothing less that I'd expect from the EFF, frankly speaking - but
clued people (and you are clued, for sure) shouldnt be running it.

There was that other fun when that swedish researcher was running a
fake tor exit node and turned up lots of embassy passwords etc -
mostly because embassy staffers found TOR a fun way to browse for
porn, bypassing firewalls from their offices

Uninstall it and forget about it, I'd say.

--srs

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists at gmail.com)