Wireless bridge

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Fri Jun 19 02:54:57 UTC 2009

Peter Boone wrote:
 > - Get a unit with radio/antenna integrated, PoE from inside the building
> (outdoor rated cat5, shielded I assume),

Actually shielding doesn't matter so much and it requires that the rj45
connector and socket be similarly sheilded to be effective, the salient
points are: uv stablized and gel filled.

normally comes in 1000' or longer rolls but something like the following
will do if you're not running more than two cables ever:

http://www.fab-corp.com/product.php?productid=16285&cat=296&page=1

> lightning suppression for the PoE
> (properly grounded), and ensure the mast is properly grounded.

excellent plan.