question about Mark Koster's ARIN presentation

JC Dill jcdill.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 19:54:36 UTC 2009

Michael Hallgren wrote:
> Le jeudi 18 juin 2009 à 12:05 -0400, Sandy Murphy a écrit :
>
>> This message is sent to the whole nanog list, rather than the
>> nanog-attendees list,
>>

> How come there is a nanog-attendees list disjunct from the nanog list.
> Wouldn't it be natural to broadcast any kind of content to the
> entire community?

Before we had a nanog-attendees list, the nanog list would be bombarded
with posts that were of no interest to people who weren't actually at
the conference, such as issues with the conference wifi, issues with
schedule conflicts, chatter about outside events in the host city, etc.
It makes perfect sense to have a nanog-attendees list to keep those
discussions off the main nanog list.

I believe you can join the nanog attendees list without actually
attending a nanog conference, if you want to get everything-nanog in
your inbox.

jc