Hurricane Electric

David Klann klann at wins.net
Thu Jun 18 03:29:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:41:23 -0500
Paul Stewart <pstewart at nexicomgroup.net> wrote:

> Looking for some feedback on using Hurricane Electric as an upstream?

Hi Paul,

My employer, Airstream Communications, uses HE for one of its three
upstream Internet providers. We have an asymmetric 1GB inbound, and
512MB outbound connection with them. I'm not involved in the financial
side of things, but from a technical perspective we've had an
excellent relationship with them.

Rock solid connection, and helpful technical support. One of our
customers, and our DNS server were the subjects of a DDoS attack a few
months ago. While our other upstream providers were trying to find the
official process for helping us out, HE had already null routed the
destination IP addresses for us. They were also very easy to work with
in getting the service restored to those addresses.

 -David Klann
  Airstream Communications