spamhaus drop list

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Wed Jun 17 08:48:38 UTC 2009

Hi!

> Both containing prefixes that should not be announced on the internet,
> but often used by spammers trying to deliver their content.

When did you experience this last time, this is not what we see on
various antispam projects.

So if you have new information, please share, we didnt see bogons used a
lot at least the last 12 months.

Drop list is a completely different thing, and effective, but also
effective to loos legitimate mails, the blocks inside there are too wide.
I would not recommend people putting that inside iptables or something ;)

Bogon filtering is something that should be considered common practice. So
your borders or upstreams should take care of that ;)

Bye,
Raymond.