Cogent input

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Tue Jun 16 23:13:47 UTC 2009

Justin Shore wrote:
> Paul Timmins wrote:
>> GlobalCrossing told me today I can order native IPv6 anywhere on their
>> network. Don't know if they count as Tier 1 on your list, though. VZB
>> has given me tunnels for a while, hopefully they'll get their pMTU
>> issue fixed so we can do more interesting things with it.
>
> I'd love to have GLBX but I'm positive that they aren't available here.
>  We'd have to pay for transport to a much larger market to go get them.
>  That may be more feasible when the state network gets built but that's
> a few years off.  Until then I'll have to dream about GBLX...

For me their local POP is apparently at capacity, so I had to take them
off the list since I couldn't afford the transport costs to California.
I heard somewhere that it's MPLS internally in order to present
dual-stack at your port, not dual-stack on every router, thus most of
the path is invisible like a tunnel.

~Seth