Verio taking twitter down during Iran Election Riots?

Chris Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Tue Jun 16 15:03:19 UTC 2009

What's interesting is that the !NANOG part of the universe presumes
the maintenance was to be performed by Twitter, not by their carrier
(i.e. server, not network, upgrades). Given the fact that the
WhaleFail has become a commonly-recognizable sight, I can see this
make people a bit, um, nervous. The real impact of the maintenance
would have most likely been minimal short of a Murphy strike.

That said, kudos to NTT for backing off in the face of some pretty
momentous current events, and hope the delay doesn't cause too many
ripple-effect problems for them.

-C