Verio taking twitter down during Iran Election Riots?

Stephen Repetski srepetsk at
Mon Jun 15 20:12:33 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Erik Fichtner <emf1123 at> wrote:

> Stephen Repetski wrote:
> > Yep, that's what it says. Things like "critical network upgrades"
> sometimes
> > don't wait for good timing - they make their own special event.
> And yet, all upgrades can be postponed with the right... motivation.
> Nice save, NTT.

But not without a nice plug from Twitter, though it's a nice gesture. Which
brings me back to the question why Twitter isn't multi-homed, or what the
nature of the "network upgrade" is that it brings down their entire network.