[inquiry] Internet/cell in Teheran down?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sun Jun 14 22:32:23 UTC 2009

I received the following report from a network operator in Teheran:

--- snip ---
SMS is down since friday for all three cell operators. In the areas
that riot is taken place, cell phones are not working. Outgoing calls
to certain countries are blocked. DCI, the organization in charge of
internet connectivity, that provides internet transit for local isps
has taken down 80% of its uplink connectivity and currently only a few
peers (TTNET as far as I know) are active.
--- snip ---

	- Jared