ICSI Netalyzr launch

Nathan Ward nanog at daork.net
Thu Jun 11 02:26:06 UTC 2009

On 11/06/2009, at 2:16 PM, vern at ee.lbl.gov wrote:

>> didn't want to spring for a cert for that eh? www.startssl.com ...
>> hey
>> lookie! free certs!
>
> ?  We bought a cert from Thawte specifically so people wouldn't find
> that
> it's suspect.  Does it look funny when your browser presents it to
> you?

I had the same problem, I'm not sure Christopher correctly diagnosed it.

It looks like in Safari, when a Java applet asks for unrestricted
access (as opposed to standard) it presents you with the security cert
to confirm that you really want it. It says "This certificate is
valid", as opposed to "invalid" or "untrusted" or whatever normally
comes up.

Screenshot of the GUI:
http://don.braintrust.co.nz/~nward/netalyzr.png

--