Coax wiring. MoCA between neighbors.

Kee Hinckley nazgul at somewhere.com
Wed Jun 10 19:41:24 UTC 2009

On Jun 10, 2009, at 3:28 PM, Dongsu Han wrote:
> I'm also trying to find out whether my neighbors would be able to
> overhear the MoCA signal from my apartment.  Anyone knows the answer?

I can't speak to what they are *supposed* to do, but my experience is
that things can be overheard. Last summer I discovered that my Comcast
cable had two premium digital channels I hadn't ordered. One was
showing soft porn, and while I was sitting there pondering this, it
began to fast forward. Not surprisingly, it was fast forwarding over
the boring parts and then watching the naughty bits at normal speed. I
can only assume that one of the neighboring houses has video-on-demand.