iBGP advertisement interval

kysks kysks at kornet.net
Mon Jun 8 11:49:48 CDT 2009

Hello. Nanog

I thought  BGP advertisement interval is the following.

    ibgp : 5 second, ebgp : 30 second.

But, now I realize that the default ibgp interval of Cisco is  0 second.
(ios 12.0 & IOX)

  (it displays "Default minimum time between advertisement runs is 0

When did it change? ^^;

I wonder  if  No interval time for bgp advertisement would bring insecure
network by flapping network.

Do you think I have to change the default value of interval time to longer?

And I 'm curious about  what the default value of Juniper router is.

Because I have to implement with the Juniper and Cisco mixed.